Here is the tutorial for how to convert OLM to Thunderbird using “OLM Extractor Pro”.
How to convert OLM to Thunderbird
OLM files are the native data files for Mac Outlook to store the contents such as emails and others. It’s the proprietary file format by Microsoft and cannot be used with other email programs, for instance, Thunderbird. Therefore, if you are looking to move Outlook data into Thunderbird, you need to convert OLM files into the format that’s compatible with Thunderbird.
This OLM file conversion is carried by “OLM Extractor Pro” most perfectly out of all other solutions that’s available online. Download the free trial version today and check out how it works in action. The tutorial below will help you to convert OLM to Thunderbird:
How to convert OLM to Thunderbird using OLM Extractor Pro:
- Step 1: It is about getting your data exported into OLM from Mac Outlook, so you can use those OLM files with the tool to start with. It’s simple: go to ‘File’ –> ‘Export’, select the items, choose location to save OLM files, and click ‘Finish.’
- Step 2: It’s time to use this file with “OLM Extractor Pro“. Launch the tool and click “Add OLM” and choose the files from where you stored them.
- Step 3: You can check the folders you want to convert and leave the rest. Also, you can filter the folders such as mails, contacts, calendar, and empty folders.
- Step 4: Choose “Thunderbird Email Database, *.vcf, *.ics” as your output format. “OLM Extractor Pro” gives you multiple output formats that you want to convert your OLM files with, such as: Apple Mail, Entourage, MBOX files, and more.
- Step 5: There are few control options that give you the ability to control few aspects according to your preferences. They are as follows:
- a) Keep read and unread emails into separate folders
- b) Merge contacts from a folder into a single VCF file
- c) Merge calendar entries from a folder into a single ICS file
- Step 6: Click ‘Convert‘ to start. The progress can be seen in the progress bar, with an option to ‘abort‘ it.
When the job is finished, the tool will display the confirmation window, showing a brief report, a link to a text file containing the full log report, and a direct link to the location where you saved the converted Thunderbird files.
All that’s left is to import the output files into Thunderbird by going to ‘File’ –> ‘Import’ in your email client.
“OLM Extractor Pro” gives perfectly accurate files with no data integrity loss. Everything remains intact, reflecting the original structure, metadata, and details with precision.
Download the trial setup and get started (Tutorial – How to convert OLM to Thunderbird)!